Saturday, October 18, 2008

Post-Game Notes

Wow.

I say that with complete objectivity.

The Bucks truly put on an impressive show tonight, especially in their first game as a full team. I mean, one of the guys who skated regular shifts only practiced with the team once before the game, and several others hadn't played in game situations since April or so.

I will have more on the game tomorrow, because I think I'm going to call it a night as far as work goes, and I do not have internet in my new apartment.

For now, the "wow" about covers it.

In spite of blowouts like the one at the LEC, there were a lot of close games around the league, and in the NHL, tonight, with two CHL games going to shootouts and two in the NHL needing extra time.

Is anyone else a bit shocked to see that the Jackalopes whipped the Sundogs 7-2? I think that's more surprising than the Bucks' big win. Guess Joel Gistedt is no Rob McVicar.

Here is the final box for the Bucks' game. You can read Bryan Benway's recap here (on the new Bucks' Web site), but Brian Clark has not posted his take from the other side of it just yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow is the word. great game, the bucks talent level is awesome. Lets just hope the energy level lasts all year.