Thursday, October 30, 2008

After the Fact

Considering the book I just wrote about that game (on my blog, not for my story), I'm not sure what's left to say. But here is Bryan Benway's take, and here is Greg Rajan's.

The Bucks are now 4-2-0 (eight points) and atop the Southeast Division standings for at least tonight, while the IceRays dropped to 1-3-0 (two points). They face off again tomorrow at the American Bank Center at 7:05 p.m.

Tonight's game was pretty nutty; even the off-ice officials couldn't keep track of all the penalties in the last period. You can see the final gamesheet, which features almost an hour's worth of minutes in the box, here.

As mentioned in my game blog, that was Alex Goupil's third career hat trick, and he certainly earned it. That guy skates so hard every second he is out there.

The Eagles won the battle of the unbeatens in spite of allowing two quick goals late to the Mudbugs, while the Gorillas got their first win of the season against a Brahmas squad I imagine got quite an earful following that game.

I'm still at the arena, just because I was listening to the end of this, but that was not worth it in the slightest, so I think I'm going to head home. Losing 4-1 to that team and having Sid leave the game with a possible injury is certainly not good for the Pens in any way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to add that Alex Goupil is the real deal. How awesome is he? Hat trick the first of the year for the CHL.

Outstanding work, keep it up Alex

Anonymous said...

Actually, there have been numerous hat tricks this season. Corpus had two on opening night alone.