Thursday, October 9, 2008

Last Night

I had somehow forgotten to mention that the CHL preseason schedule began last night with two games between Northern Conference teams.

The Tulsa Oilers defeated the Wichita Thunder, 6-5, in a shootout, and the Colorado Eagles defeated the Rocky Mountain Rage 6-3. The bigger part of that latter game was the check presented to Les Borsheim, the former Eagles defenseman still recovering from his motorcycle accident earlier this summer. The contest had been dubbed the "Les Borsheim Benefit Game," and he was presented a check for $100,000 during the second intermission.

Apparently Pointstreak doesn't leave preseason games online after the fact, but you can read more about last night by visiting the Oilers Web site, the Thunder site or the Rage site.

Since I'm on here anyway, here is my story about the team's rookies from today's Times.

Amv, I will see what I can do as far as getting players to blog on here...but because this blog is in no way associated with the team, I'm not sure that can happen. If there's anything specific you'd like to know, I'd be glad to ask them, though, and I'll definitely be posting their thoughts on everything going on throughout the season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not like I could leave this comment any where near a blog from Colorado, but as good a player Borsheim was, we are rewarding him for driving drunk? The guy caused his own situation and he gets a check for 100K. At least he didn't take anyone down with him. Call me cynical.

Cheers, Mi3ke