Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Goalie for a Center

As you may have read in the Bucks' press release, the team has traded rookie netminder Ryan Gibb to the New Mexico Scorpions for center Mitch Stephens.

Coach Ruskowski has been looking to bring some scoring power in here for a while, and as he always says, "You have to give up something good to get something good."

The Scorpions were in need of a goalie, so one like Gibb was definitely something good to them.

Stephens has 46 points already this season, making him the second-leading scorer on the Bucks as soon as he arrives. I'll try to find out later if that will be in time for tomorrow's game or not until this weekend's homestand. If the latter is the case, Darryl Smith could surpass him tomorrow.

Of course, nothing ever happens while I'm sitting at my computer in Laredo, so this had to be announced while I was in the shower in Phoenix getting ready to hop on a plane this afternoon. And, to make matters worse, my Blackberry can't access the internet here.

Due to all that, I will have to post more about this trade and all of yesterday's hockey happenings when I get back to Laredo, hopefully around 7 p.m. tonight.

But, before I go, I'd like to know...what are your thoughts on this move?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is going to replace Gibb and Centomo is in a slump. what now?

Anonymous said...

Who's going to back up Centomo would be the first obvious question

Anonymous said...

DUSTY TRAYLEN