Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday Fun

Apparently the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees have decided to join the "sign a staffer to a goaltending contract" party, as they just announced that they have signed Fan Experience Manager Hugh "Trey" Boylan to a 5-game deal.

At first, I thought maybe that was a joke due to previous signings of such nature by the Bucks and Corpus Christi IceRays, but apparently it is legit as Boylan, who was a goaltender for Texas Tech's club team for five years, is backing up Christian Boucher while Wylie Rogers sits out with a minor injury suffered in practice this week.

That press release also states that the Killer Bees have picked up defenseman Dan McGoff, a fellow Boston University alum who was waived by the New Mexico Scorpions yesterday.

I'm not sure if those two will be in the lineup when the Killer Bees take on the Mississippi RiverKings tonight, but they are listed on the pre-game rosters.

As I mentioned earlier, the Bucks will be checking out tonight's game, and I just got off the phone with Coach Ruskowski, who said Sebastien Centomo will not be rejoining the team until after tomorrow night's game.

Due to the fact that some specifics in my preview for tomorrow night's game rest on the result of the one that's about to begin, I'll probably try to listen to some of it if Nifty's feeling nice tonight.

This game is the first part of a tough three-in-three for the Killer Bees, who already played one on the road on Tuesday. Their weekend slate is one of the topics of Bob Hoffman's "Shots from the Point" for today, which also note Rick Kozak has scored four goals in the Bucks' last four games.

Either way, I'll post all the final scores and what they mean to the Bucks later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Somehow, I did not hear of the slip in schedule. I am sitting at home and forgot that I should have the radio on. Checking, no game, and somehow I wound up on this blog to find they are not playing anyway. So, a little extra time might be a good thing.

Chuck Owen, season ticket hold for seven years