Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday Notes

Sorry for the lack of updates today; it's been a busy one.

I went to practice this morning and spoke to Coach Ruskowski, team captain Adam Rivet, forward Maxime Lincourt and goaltender Jean-Philippe Levasseur (finally), but I was only able to fit so much into my notebook that is running in tomorrow's Times. In fact, I didn't get in any quotes from Levasseur or Lincourt, so I'll post some of those leftovers on here tomorrow.

Levasseur is a very honest guy and was clearly not impressed with his own performance in Saturday's OT loss, which Ruskowski said was an admirable trait for his No. 1 goalie to display.

The team will practice again tomorrow before the ice gets covered for yet another concert at the LEC, so I'll be checking in again to see how things are progressing for this weekend's games against the Amarillo Gorillas and Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees.

There is one change to the roster about to be made, but as far as I know, it'll be made public for the first time in our print edition tomorrow, which is something I like to see happen every once in a while. Nothing huge, but the lineup will change a bit for this weekend. I'll post a little blurb on that tomorrow morning.

Oh, and as the Texas Brahmas seem to be holding off on announcing anything about James Hiebert, here is some more detailed info on the situation courtesy of Bryan Benway's blog:

The only other bit of news that i'll pass along today is about James Hiebert signing with....hold your breath.....the Texas Brahmas. Those of us who are close to the team heard rumblings about this last Thursday, but heard nothing concrete until this morning. As of this writing the Brahmas have not announced the signing, but I spoke to some people that told me it's close to being official. Just imagine the scene on November 21st when Hiebert and the Brahmas travel to the LEC to play the Bucks. How will he be received? Cheered? Booed? Only time will tell.

No comments: