Wednesday, September 3, 2008

And Yet Another...

I guess I win the bet I made with a co-worker that the Bucks would wait until Wednesday to announce a signing this week because it's my day off...

At any rate, the Bucks have announced the signing of yet another rookie, 23-year-old forward Joey Moggach.

The 5-foot-7, 165-pound Moggach comes to Laredo from Bemidji State University in Minnesota, but it's his successful MJHL career that seems to have left its mark on Bucks head coach/general manager Terry Ruskowski.

In the team's press release, coach is quoted as saying, "Moggach can score, he proved that in juniors. I like what I hear about him."

Moggach broke the 100-point mark during the final season of his junior career.

Coach had mostly been signing big, tall guys up to this point, but it seems Moggach is more his type of player, maybe somewhere along the lines of Alex Goupil.

Obviously, not every signee who is announced will actually make the 2008-09 roster, so the high number of rookies may just mean coach wants training camp to be highly competitive. There is still plenty of room for some veteran guys. I just realized training camp is only a little over a month away!

More on Moggach later...

No comments: