Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Goupil Story, Etc...

Here is my story about the Alex Goupil re-signing in today's Times.

A couple things I wasn't able to include were Goupil's sentiments about starting off the season with a team that has a winning tradition, unlike the Wichita Thunder, and Ruskowski's plans to expand the core of players he returns from season to season. Goupil and second-year forward Matt Summers are two welcome additions to that group.

"I'll take any advantage I can get," Ruskowski said. "If there are more guys I know I can count on, I'm going to try to get them back."

The returning members of the previously established core group are probably quite happy to get someone as energetic and offensively productive as Goupil back, as well. We'll see if he can keep things up without former linemate Chris Korchinski around, as coach told me Korky signed with an ECHL team earlier this offeason.

Meanwhile, the Bucks' "Night Out" event is tomorrow, and Bryan Benway announced today that majority owner Glenn Hart will be in attendance, along with head coach/general manager Terry Ruskowski and several of the re-signed players.

I will be talking to Hart for an offseason recap story that will run this weekend in the Times.

P.S. The first regular season game is one month away. =)

No comments: