Monday, July 21, 2008

Today's Notebook

I possibly got a bit carried away in writing today's notebook, which you can read here.

But, of course, some things still landed on the cutting room floor. I will post some quotes from Coach Ruskowski later with more thoughts on the players he has signed and the people who help him find them, as well as a couple of other topics.

Alas, it seems the Amarillo Gorillas made their first signing public last Wednesday, and I just missed that somehow. Forward Brian Bicek will be a part of the Gorillas' training camp lineup. This is totally irrelevant, but he is exactly four months younger than me...

Just to further mess up my story, the Mississippi RiverKings decided to announce their first signing today, making public the re-signing of captain/defenseman Derek Landmesser. I love that name.

No comments: