Wednesday, July 23, 2008

That Other Stuff...

Turns out I was able to talk to Matt via his father's cell phone, and he seemed very excited to come back. Knowing what I do of him from last season, I'm sure he is.

I didn't get too many quotes from him, so all of the noteworthy ones will be in my story in tomorrow's Times. I remember how excited everyone was when he came through with that sudden-death shootout goal during the Bucks' 6-5 win over the Arizona Sundogs on January 11; hopefully he'll be making plenty of other memories during the upcoming season.

As previously hinted at, there was a trade earlier today that sent forward Bill Vandermeer from the Amarillo Gorillas to the Oklahoma City Blazers in exchange for forwards Ryan Watson, Gordon Bell and John Kozoriz (or at least their rights).

The twist to this story is that Bill's brother Ted Vandermeer played for the currently suspended Austin Ice Bats during the 2007-08 season and was thus available...so the Blazers signed both Vandermeers for their upcoming campaign.

Because it seems to have left the page, here is the link to that CHL transaction list again.

And because I forgot to post it earlier, here is Greg Rajan's story about new IceRays Coach Sylvain Cloutier from today's Corpus Christi Caller-Times.

No comments: