Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Richard Mini Bio

A couple hours of train/bus rides and walking after the announcement, I am at a computer and can share with you a bit of information about the Bucks' most recent signee.

Mike Richard
Position: Forward
Previous Team: Elmira College Soaring Eagles (NCAA Division III)
Height: 5-foot-9
Weight: 210
Date of Birth: Sept. 14, 1983
2007-08 Stats: 29 games, 10 goals, 33 assists (43 points), 26 penalty minutes

Immediate observations: Coach Ruskowski is going after mostly college players (or graduates) this year, rather than experienced pros or kids coming right out of juniors. They are also all fairly old as rookies go. Of course, we are only five announcements in, so who knows what will happen with the rest.

Richard's height and weight imply a bit of stockiness, but his penalty minute numbers don't seem on par with a very physical player. I guess I'll have to see him play before I make any real assessment of his style, but I will be giving coach a call soon to see what he has to say...and possibly to get in touch with Richard himself.

On a side note, I am obviously out of the office, so I will not be able to respond to my work email. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them on the blog, and I will respond to you as soon as possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.