Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tailgating Details

Now that the Bucks' Web site is working again, you can check out the team's official press release about the return of tailgating at the LEC.

Though Coach Ruskowski was not at the presser, he deserves a lot of the credit for this decision, as do Vice President of Business Operations Nicole Kupaks, VP of Sales Donald Thomson and LEC GM Roy Medina.

Ruskowski seems excited about this and noted the fact that he enjoyed walking around and seeing all the tailgaters during his pre-game paces around the LEC.

You can read more of what he had to say about tailgating and everything else announced today in my story in tomorrow's Times.

I've had limited tailgating experience, with the most enjoyable of it coming before a Jets-Patriots game at Giants Stadium in 2006. The game itself was not so enjoyable, haha. No, I am not a Jets fan. But my point is that tailgating can be a lot of fun, and the weather here will make it a lot more survivable.

As far as the cook-offs, Bryan Benway (hopefully jokingly) suggested that I may be a "celebrity judge" for one of them, but, as he knows, I'm a vegetarian... so I don't really see that working out. They should give local BBQ connoisseurs a good reason to come out for games, though.

How many of you used to participate in tailgating when it was allowed the first few seasons? Do you think it's something you'll be interested in doing this year? I wonder which parking lot this will take place in... hopefully I won't need to find a new place to park.

No comments: