Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Performance(s) of the Week(s)

The Bucks have captured the CHL Performance of the Week for the second straight week, this time with their come-from-behind 5-4 shootout win over the Texas Brahmas on Jan. 21.

Last week, Jeff Bes took the honors with the game that brought him to 900 career points as a professional. Sorry that I never mentioned that last week; it got overshadowed by him being placed on the IR the same day that was announced.

Another Buck is a nominee this week, as Sebastien Centomo's 28-save performance in the Bucks' 1-0 win over the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees at Dodge Arena last Thursday is up for next week's honors.

Mississippi RiverKings netminder Kevin Beech's league-leading third shutout, San Antonio Rampage forward and reigning Player of the Week Adam Perry's hat trick (for the Arizona Sundogs), the Amarillo Gorillas' 6-5 shootout win over the Colorado Eagles and the Brahmas' three-goal third period in their 4-2 win over the Corpus Christi IceRays are the other nominees.

As always, you can vote on the CHL Web site, which has by the way been rennovated a bit. Any thoughts?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did your "off the record" or "anonymous" source tell you Jeff has 9,000 points?

Joy Lindsay said...

Sorry for the mistake; I've been a little preoccupied with some other things. I can, however, assure you that neither my off-the-record sources nor the anonymous ones care at all about Jeff Bes right now.

Anonymous said...

Hey Joy, just letting you know that you are doing a great job. I thoroughly enjoy your blogging and stories. Thank you for putting so much effort to the Bucks. Once again GREAT JOB!!! GO BUCKS GO!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the Marine, to a degree. I am not a fan of the Bucks, but I do enjoy reading this blog. When I cannot watch the game, or listen to it on the radio, and the Bucks are playing the team I am a fan of, I come here. Joy, you do a great job. Especially on the game blogs! They are NOT too long, as someone previously stated.