Monday, December 8, 2008

Player of the Week















Bucks rookie center Darryl Smith has been named CHL Player of the Week for games played last Tuesday through Saturday.

In addition to his five goals and four assists in the Bucks' three wins last week, Smith displayed some stunning acrobatics (see above) and posted a plus/minus of +9.

Smith leads the league's rookies in goals (16) and points (32) and is second in the league in goals scored and points overall. Linemate Jeff Bes is atop the point leaderboard with 39, while Colorado Eagles winger Greg Pankewicz has one more goal.

Have I ever mentioned that this kid's good?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joy,

Yeah, that kid (Darryl Smith) can play. I mean how good is this guy, taking a "fly by" the goalie while scoring the goal. This kid is the real deal and so is Seabass. Outstanding work.

What is the deal with the Bucks PA announcer, did he just discover the word AWESOME? I swear I heard him say awesome over and over again. I've got a new word for him "annoying".

Joy, I still enjoy reading your blog, please keep them coming. AWESOME!!