Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Eve Eve

I'm sure last night's game is one the Bucks would love to forget soon...and I'm sure Coach Ruskowski did not give them a chance to do anything of the sort at practice this morning.

Last season, I was told constantly that I was too positive in covering the Bucks. But, honestly, there wasn't too much to be negative about with the way they were playing. Last night, and in the few games prior to that, there has been.

Seeing the completely defeated way the guys left the ice after shifts in the third period last night led me to believe there was no way they could win that game. Obviously, they could not.

I don't mean to take credit away from Christian Boucher or the Killer Bees' defense, but the lack of heart was beyond evident out there.

Due to the fact that I spent the night in the Valley out of fear for driving back here in the dark (especially while it was raining), I did not make it to practice this morning. I'm sure anyone who did got to see some pretty exhausted, unhappy players by the end of it.

I will be heading over to the LEC tomorrow morning to catch up with everyone before they take off for Colorado tomorrow night. The game against the Eagles should be an interesting test.

Anyway, there are four CHL games tonight and a whole bunch in the NHL. Here are the scores:

CHL: Jackalopes 5, IceRays 3; Eagles 5, Gorillas 2; Brahmas 4, Mudbugs 3; RiverKings 8, Thunder 3.

NHL: Thrashers 4, Islanders 2; Bruins 2, Devils 0; Kings 3, Blue Jackets 0; Flyers 6, Senators 4; Capitals 5, Rangers 4 (OT); Panthers 3, Predators 0; Lightning 2, Penguins 0; Stars 8, Maple Leafs 2; Red Wings 4, Blues 1; Wild 3, Hurricanes 2; Flames 4, Ducks 3; Avalanche 5, Coyotes 4 (OT); Sharks 5, Canucks 0.

P.S. Paul Szczechura, who had a goal and an assist for the Lightning tonight, played for Killer Bees head coach Chris Brooks when Brooks was an assistant at Western Michigan University. Can't say I'm a big fan of Szczechura right now, but I thought that was a fun fact.

No comments: