Monday, December 22, 2008

Olson Out

It seems Coach Ruskowski has traded forward Joey Olson to the Rapid City Rush in exchange for forward Matt Miller.

Of course I didn't find out about this until I started driving to the Valley, so I'll have more on this move when I get to Dodge Arena tonight.

UPDATE: I am here, and I talked to Ruskowski about this when I got here. Turns out he'd been trying to get Miller since he was with Amarillo last season but wasn't able to nab his rights previously. Miller called him yesterday and said now was the time, so he got it done. Here's what Ruskowski had to say:

"I liked Joey a lot. He was a short, small guy that skated really well, handled the puck well and just didn't get the ice time he probably desreved because I like to get (Erick) Lizon in there, also. I needed a guy that could come in here with Matt Miller's situation. You know I've always been harping about my team not being physical enough, and that's something I want my team to get better at. (Miller) has a presence, he loves the game; he's the first one to practice, the last one to leave. He can score; he had 20 goals last year. He can scrap; he plays physical. That's my kind of player."

No comments: