Saturday, December 13, 2008

Game Day No. 23

Sorry for the lack of updates yesterday; it was quite a busy day in the office with two sections (sports and Zapata sports) to put together and me being alone on desk...

The Bucks (16-5-1, 33 points) were off last night but are about to take on the Odess Jackalopes (16-5-2, 34 pts.) for first place in the Southern Conference.

You can read my story about the Bucks' 2-1 shootout loss to the Corpus Christi IceRays (8-9-2, 18 pts.) on Thursday night, my feature about Darryl Smith that ran today in lieu of a normal preview and Bryan Benway's preview for tonight's game. Oh, and pre-game notes, of course.

Nifty + my work computer = bad news, usually, so I probably won't be able to watch much of tonight's game. I'll try to keep you updated on scoring and such, though. Oh, and here are yesterday's scores...

CHL: RiverKings 7, Brahmas 2; Jackalopes 6, Oilers 2; Blazers 3, Oilers 1; Killer Bees 6, Scorpions 2; Gorillas 5, Eagles; Mudbugs 5, Rush 1; Rage 5, Sundogs 3.

That RiverKings blowout may have caught my eye had it not been for the Gorillas beating the Eagles...weird.

NHL: Devils 8, Rangers 5; Capitals 5, Senators 1; Bruins 7, Thrashers 3; Maple Leafs 2, Sabres 1; Stars 3, Red Wings 1; Panthers 3, Flames 2 (SO); Blackhawks 4, Avalanche 3.

No comments: