Sunday, December 21, 2008

Slow Sunday

I somehow persuaded myself to finally start unpacking and cleaning my apartment today, so I won't be blogging as much as planned.

You can read my inappropriately headlined story about last night's 4-3 win over the Corpus Christi IceRays (or Bryan Benway's) or get the other side of it from Greg Rajan's story in the Caller-Times.

Obviously when a game is won in the last seconds like that, it's going to have opposite effects on the teams involved, though Coach Ruskowski was not at all as happy as his players were last night.

Meanwhile, the Bucks will be back in action tomorrow with a rare Monday night game against the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees, who have lost two straight after defeating the IceRays on Thursday.

I'll be heading down to Dodge Arena for that game, so I'll be live blogging it for anyone interested.

Today, the Oklahoma City Blazers recovered from their rather surprising 3-2 OT loss to the Rocky Mountain Rage last night with a 4-1 win.

That loss last night helped the Southern Conference leading Odessa Jackalopes (19-6-2, 40 points) move into second place in the league.

As a Penguins' fan, last night's loss and the possibly bizarre comments by Michel Therrien that followed didn't leave me much to be happy about, but this is still kinda cool. Okay, seems that comment was the less offensive option. Good.

Today's NHL Scores: Devils 3, Flyers 2 (SO); Panthers 3, Avalanche 0; Bruins 6, Blues 3; Hurricanes 3, Canadiens 2.

No comments: