Friday, January 8, 2010

Elliott Rejoins Bucks

I'm not even sure what to say about this one because I was told the team was bringing back a specific other player, but I guess defenseman Paul Elliott really is coming out of retirement to play for them again.

I had assumed those rumors started because Elliott was hanging around the locker room after Sunday's win and assumed they were untrue because he wasn't skating with the team this week and didn't appear to be in playing shape... guess from now on I should just assume the rumors are more true than what I'm told directly.

Here's the press release:


Elliott Comes Out of Retirement to Rejoin Bucks
LAREDO, TX- The Laredo Bucks of the Central Hockey League announced Friday that they have signed defenseman Paul Elliott for the 2009-10 season.The 29-year-old Elliott has been retired since the end of the 2007-08 season and is expected to be in the line up Friday when the Bucks host Colorado.
 
Elliott, a native of Surrey, British Columbia, played in 242 regular season games in four seasons for the Bucks from 2004-2008 putting up 79 points (14-65=79) with a plus 71 rating. Elliott played in 62 career playoff games (4-17=21) with Laredo and was a member of the 2006 President’s Cup Championship team.
 
“Paul knows exactly what we need to do here to win a championship because he’s been there before with me,” said Bucks President/General Manager and Head Coach Terry Ruskowski. “He’s been around the team quite a bit in the last year or so since he’s been retired so he’s familiar with what’s going on. We are excited to have him back again.”
 
“I missed the game over the past couple of seasons and I still think I can contribute,” Elliott said. “I want to win one more championship in my career and I want to do it here.”
 
In his last season in Laredo in 2007-08 Elliott played in 63 games putting up 20 points (4-16=20). In the 2008 playoffs Elliott seven points (2-5=7) in 11 games.
 
Elliott, who lives in Laredo, is a Veteran, having played in 398 career regular season games in seven professional seasons. Elliott played in 136 AHL games from 2001-2004.
 
The 6’1’’, 215 pound Elliott was drafted in the fifth round (#128 overall) of the 1998 NHL Entry Draft by the Edmonton Oilers.
 
Prior to turning pro Elliott played six seasons in the WHL, from 1995-2001. During that span he played in 324 games. Elliott is the second signed Bucks player with Veteran status, joining player/assistant coach Jeff Bes.


Wonder if this means Benjamin Dieude-Fauvel is giving up No. 6.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to him back what's the status on that other player

Joy Lindsay said...

Coach Ruskowski told me he didn't expect that to be finalized until tomorrow, and I guess it hasn't been yet. I'll keep you posted.

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.