Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Busy Tuesday

The Bucks had a full practice this morning for the first time since last Thursday, and there's plenty more to come today as some roster moves are pending and the team will hold a press conference about its annual "Pink in the Rink" game in about an hour.

I don't have much time to blog now, but I will be back in the office after the press conference and should be able to post later today. If nothing else, I will update you on the roster situation as soon as everything is official.

Before I go, though, I would like to address one thing. I know there have been comments about the fact that I moderate comments on here before allowing them to be published, and the reason for that is to prevent spam comments (which I get quite frequently) and anything that is not appropriate for a blog that is associated with the newspaper.

Profanity would be one of those inappropriate things, and I usually just have to delete comments involving that, but I'm going to share one posted by "Anonymous" after Saturday's 2-1 loss to the Corpus Christi IceRays in response to the comment by "A" after Friday's 4-2 win over the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs... with a few choice words removed.

Here's A's comment from Friday in case you need a refresher on that:

Finally a good team effort for the Bucks against the Mudbugs. They played strong throughout the entire game. JP as always made some terrific stops (this guy is incredibly something else).

An after game interview with Sgroi has him saying that the Bucks are the best team in the division. That went over my head. We lost to Texas, Odessa, Arizona, Allen, Rio and Corpus and that makes us the best team in the South. I want to say someone put the stick to your head and beat you sensless; but that can't be true, nobody wants to tangle with you. That statement just made me want to ask "WTH" are you smoking son? Speaking of a beating, tommorrow it'll be Corpus V. Laredo. I'm hoping for a Sheldrake-Sgroi fight. If it doesn't happen on Saturday I hope it happens on Sunday. I just hope we don't have a let down in CC.

GO BUCKS GO!

And here is what Anonymous had to say:

Well that letdown happen my friend. What is wrong with Rivet and Jard. We had two mins of 5 on 3 and those two were just passing and passing and passing its like shoot the freaking puck!!! And Richards ahh man dont get me started i cant wait to they release him that bunch of useless space!! Hamilton and Fauvel have to go they always get beat or at least Hamilton does more. Evan S needs to do something with the puck make things happen!!! Hope coach brings in at least 2 or 3 new players

Anonymous, you will be happy to know that all the passing is a big concern of Coach Ruskowski's, as well, and something he had the power play units working on today in practice. When I asked what the issue with 5-on-3s has been after Sunday's game, he said his team is lacking the one guy to take charge and blast a slap shot from the point to start getting things going around the net.

Now, I can't guarantee that Jarred Mohr and Adam Rivet, the top-unit point men, will take heed of that and actually start shooting more once in game situations, but that message is being put across to them.

As far as Evan Schwabe, he had a pretty good game on Sunday, and he thinks that playing alongside Jeff Bes with Justin Styffe on his other wing puts him in a perfect situation to really get into his game.

And don't get your hopes up too high about Robin Richards being released, but there will be some news to watch out for later in the day.

No comments: