Thursday, November 26, 2009

Things for Which I Am Not Thankful

I come to you today with two bits of bad news.

First, I seem to have lost my memory card connector, so that post about Jean-Philippe Levasseur's mask will have to wait again. I should be able to borrow one tomorrow if all else fails. I feel bad because it's not even anything that exciting, but I did want to have photos for when I posted about it.

Second, and far more annoying in my mind, I will not be covering Friday night's game against the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs.

My co-worker who was supposed to be on the desk is out of town and not returning when we had anticipated, so I have to stay in the office so my boss can cover the TAMIU men's basketball game, which features the return of a former United High school standout as the coach of TAMIU's opponent.

We will still send a photographer to the Bucks' game and run Bryan Benway's press release in Saturday's paper, but I am personally very disappointed to not be able to go to this game. Of course, it's the one game of the season at home against the Mudbugs I have to miss rather than one of seven against the IceRays or Killer Bees.

I will probably sneak over to the arena for the first period, but then I need to be back here, so I won't be able to live blog or get interviews or any of the usual home game stuff.

Sorry to complain; this is just one of the hazards of working on a three-person staff, but it really is a tough game to have to miss.

Meanwhile, everyone is probably in a food coma at this point, so I'm just going to watch the end of the UT-A&M game and post some more relevant information on here tomorrow. Hope you're all having a nice day! And not working like the four of us stuck here, haha.

No comments: