Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Practice, Practice, Practice

Today's practice, the Bucks' last full practice before their 3-in-3 this weekend, was very up-tempo and high-spirited - a far cry from the way they started the week.

More time today was spent on fun, fast offensive drills than defensive coverage or skating, and Coach Ruskowski left the ice in a pretty good mood.

One change you will be seeing this weekend is Jeff Bes and Darryl Smith playing on different lines in an attempt to create a bit more offense.

I spoke to Ruskowski and Smith about that, and I'll have quotes from those conversations, as well as one with goaltender Jean-Philippe Levasseur, in my story that will come out in Friday's paper.

Bes was back in a red jersey today, with Evan Schwabe as his center and Maxime Lincourt on the other wing for the top line.

Smith was centering a line with Igor Agarunov as his left wing and Lance Monych on his right.

The third line was Justin Styffe-Eric Giosa-Mike Sgroi.

Those lines will probably be what you see at the start of the game against the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs on Friday night, but I'm sure they're subject to quick change if things don't work out according to plan.

I know I said I'd post about Levasseur's mask today, but I forgot to bring in my memory card connector, so that's going to have to wait until tomorrow. Plus, I need to go bake a pumpkin cake right now, so I'll just hold off on everything else 'til tomorrow. I'll be sure to post my leftover quotes on here as soon as I decide what I'm using for my story.

Hope all of you have off tomorrow, unlike us editorial folks, and that you have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Jorge M. said...

I like these line moves, hope they work out.

Thanks Joy...have a good one, too!