Monday, November 2, 2009

Bucks Sign Sgroi

The Bucks have inked forward Mike Sgroi, a noted tough guy who has played for quite a few teams.

I was under the impression that this would be announced via press release before it went up on Pointstreak, but it did not work out that way.

Meanwhile, Sgroi was at the LEC yesterday; some of you may have noticed a muscular fellow dressed in all black, but no suit.

I can't get access to a computer for a while, but you can search for Sgroi on YouTube if you'd like to see more before I can post anything else.

UPDATE: I guess no one needs to leave right away to make room for Sgroi on the active roster, as Igor Agarunov has been placed on the 14-day IR.

3 comments:

R. Gillnick said...

Hello, Joy! I fear Sgroi and his antics will be a big distraction and hindrance to the Bucks, rather than a positive asset. I guess we will see soon enough.

Anyway, do you know if there is any truth to the rumors that are being plastered all over fan boards? I hear tell that the Boys in Bucks Blue might have "over-enjoyed" themselves at one of Laredo's finest watering holes on the evening of Halloween, thus leading to their subpar performance on Sunday. Now, I personally don't think that their performance was all that bad, other than letting the Bees back into the game. However, if these rumors are true, that shows a very serious lack of focus and discipline in this team. So, what's the poop, Scoop?

A said...

I got a glimpse of Mike Srgoi as he sat right behind me on Sec 115 on Saturday. He does look every bit the tough guy.. tattoos and all. I just hope he doesn't turn out to be another Rick Kozak, taking needless penalties and being an undisciplined player. But I agree with Coach Rosco, we need someone right now to toughen up this team. I'm really tired of seeing every team physically impose their will on us. It seems that some of our players are afraid to check other players against the boards. We need to go back to the videos of the past Bucks teams and see how Steve Simoes used to do it.

It seems that some of our boys that came down from the AHL are not used to checking their opponents hard or playing tough. Captain Rivet needs to remind the team that we shouldn't let Rio or Corpus "have it their way" at the LEC. C'mon Man this is not Burger King!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kozak was a good player for the bucks he scored his goals and stepped up for the team which last year no one did only him, lizon didn't step up only once in a while also this year no one has stepped up this is why coach brought Sgroi