Friday, March 12, 2010

Bucks Ink Fletcher

The Bucks have signed 24-year-old rookie forward Tyler Fletcher to help out during yet another shorthanded period.

Fletcher has been at the University of Wisconsin-Superior for the past three seasons and finished his college career on Feb. 20.

You can view his college profile here, college stats here and find his junior stats on his Hockey DB page.

Fletcher has been in Laredo since Wednesday, but Coach Ruskowski wasn't sure he'd be getting signed because there's no guarantee the Bucks will want to keep him around once injured guys come back and Fletcher was exploring other options.

I guess he decided this was his best bet, though, and he will be in the lineup tonight against the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees.

UPDATE: I wrote this post yesterday, so I did not read Bryan Benway's press release before I published it, so the comment on the previous post was the first I heard about Robin Richards going on leave. I'm honestly not sure why he has done that because usually leave is granted to players dealing with family tragedies and things like that, but Richards was in the stands at practice yesterday and seemed fine. I'll let you know if I hear anything about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robins dad passed away. :( how sad.

Anonymous said...

Joy, coach said his father passed away yesterday. I hope he is OK. Thoughts and prayers to him and his family.