Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Weidlich and Agarunov Return

The Bucks announced the re-signings of defenseman Steve Weidlich and forward/defenseman Igor Agarunov at today's press conference. Weidlich was my first guess when I found out about the conference, so I guess I was half right. I think these two were definitely expectable returnees, and now we know for sure that they are coming back.

Obviously, there will be a story in tomorrow's Times about this announcement, complete with plenty of quotes from both players, as well as Head Coach/General Manager Terry Ruskowski. I'll be sure to post the leftovers on here.

Jeff Bes was at the conference in his assistant coaching capacity, so I have some quotes from him, too. Of course, he has not yet been announced as a re-signed player...

In talking to coach about his thoughts on these re-signings and the departures of forward Andrew Desjardins and defenseman David Walker to the ECHL, he revealed that forward Chris Korchinski, a fan favorite in Laredo, has also signed with an ECHL team, purportedly the Las Vegas Wranglers, for the upcoming season. I'll have more on that as soon as I can find anything.

No comments: