Saturday, April 4, 2009

Quick Note

I am very glad to see the positive reaction to my story being updated after last night's game for the local deliveries of today's print edition.

One thing I was less happy to see is the fact that I never know what day it is finally caught up to me in print, as the second edition for some reason says "4-3 win on Wednesday," which is even worse than that error would normally be because the Jackalopes did actually have a 4-3 overtime win over the Bucks on Wednesday. Sorry about that; I'll make sure "Tuesday" is the first word I type for my Game 6 story.

Moving on to more important things, I just got off the phone with Coach Ruskowski, and he said Darryl Smith is a "big question mark" for tonight. By the sound of it, Smith will not be playing and could still be out of the lineup for Game 6 on Tuesday.

Smith was taken to the hospital after leaving last night's game, and tests did not show any severe injury, but he's still limping around as of earlier today. He did make the trip up to Odessa, though.

Matt Miller was indeed a healthy scratch last night, though, so the Bucks should have a full lineup regardless of whether Smith can play.

As far as the goalie change, Ruskowski said Andrew Martin was kind of getting dehydrated and cramped and just needed a break. Sebastien Centomo, who played 35:16 last night, will still be starting tonight.

I need to go format a slew of middle school track meet results, then type up Little League scores, but I'll be back ASAP with a game day post and to live blog the game as best I can later.

Those of you in town, don't forget that the Bucks' official watch party is once again being held at Rudy's Bar-B-Q on McPherson Road. The game starts at 7:05 p.m.

No comments: