Monday, April 20, 2009

Independence, Etc...

Sorry for the lack of posts the past few days; my grandparents were in town Thursday and Friday, I was at a track meet all day Saturday... well, you get the idea.

Meanwhile, nothing new to report on the Bucks, but there is another new franchise joining the Central Hockey League, this one in Independence, Mo.

As far as the playoffs go, no CHL games tonight, but the Texas Brahmas lead the Odessa Jackalopes 3-2 in the Southern Conference Finals while the Colorado Eagles are out to a 2-0 lead over the Mississippi RiverKings in the Northern Conference Finals.

I think all the "Juha Toivonen is undefeated in the playoffs" talk jinxed him into giving up five goals in this game. But, though his team took the loss, he individually remained undefeated. Sorry Jeremy Symington.

Right now, I'm waiting for a couple of high school coaches to call me back (cross your fingers for me), but I will eventually post all the scores and stuff from both the CHL and NHL playoffs. Probably on Wednesday, I suppose.

No comments: