Thursday, June 18, 2009

Trade Time

Time to take a break from catching up to focus on the news of the day, as the Bucks have traded forward Rick Kozak to the Tulsa Oilers in exchange for defenseman Cody Hamilton and forward Michael Mullen.

I'm personally intrigued by Mullen because he was born in Pittsburgh and his dad Joe won a couple Stanley Cups with the Penguins (and one with the Calgary Flames) after being born in New York City and going to college in Boston... which is pretty similar to my life story prior to Laredo. Well, other than the Cups, haha.

Meanwhile, both players are expected to sign with the Bucks for the upcoming season, but I'm sure a lot of you are going to be curious as to why Kozak was seen as expendable. I'll be sure to ask Coach Ruskowski about that when I call him later, but I have to deal with something about high school football teams being asked not to do two-a-days in early August first.

If you have any opinions on this trade, feel free to share them here.

3 comments:

JM said...

I think that Kozak is a great player and exactly the type Rosco likes but he was too unpredictable and he spent too much time in the penalty box.

Joy Lindsay said...

Definitely have to agree with you there. Plus, is a player who is willing to take himself out of the lineup for over a month by injuring himself punching someone's skull more of an asset or a liability?

Anonymous said...

Rick is too much of a liability, I agree. He's a tough guy and a scorer but not a team player.