Tuesday, June 2, 2009

South Texas vs. the World

This will be brief, but I just wanted to post that the Bucks have revealed the details behind the 2010 Central Hockey League All-Star Game, which will be played in Laredo on January 13.

This season's innovative format will pit members of the Bucks, Corpus Christi IceRays and Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees against the rest of the league's All-Stars, and fittingly, all three teams were represented at today's press conference.

I am going to have a heck of a lot of leftover quotes from Coach Ruskowski and the others who spoke today, as well as CHL Commissioner Duane Lewis, so I will share those ASAP.

This sounds like it could be interesting, so we'll see how everything works out.

More later (as in tomorrow), I promise.

UPDATE: Okay, maybe tomorrow tomorrow...

4 comments:

JM said...

Why wasn't Texas included?

Marine in Okinawa said...

I will have a stab at this one and say that Texas was not included because they are not part of South Texas. They play Bossier more times than they play any of the one other Southeast Division teams. If am not mistaken they only played about 17 games vs the Bucks, Bees and IceRays. Having the 3 RIVAL teams in South Texas team up and play this game is a great idea. Hopefully the marketing will be done properly to fill up the LEC and attract Rio and Corpus fans here as well. GO BUCKS GO!!!

puddinman said...

Let it be known that I came up with this idea on the CHL forum on 3/04/09! I am so happy they are doing this!! I hope they use my other idea of making it like a festival atmosphere outside! This is gonna be cool!

Anonymous said...

Hey Joy, I bet Hossa is ready to slit his throat for his defection from the Pens.
Bloatedmoose