Friday, June 18, 2010

Bucks Re-Sign Lehr

Sorry I'm so late to post this, but the re-signing announced this morning was defenseman Ryan Lehr, who will return for his second season in Laredo this fall.

Lehr only played 10 regular season games with the Bucks but picked up six points on two goals and four assists in those games. In seven playoff games, he handed out two more helpers.

At 6-foot-2 and over 200 pounds, Lehr brought some of the size and toughness Coach Ruskowski had wanted to the Bucks' defense and proved willing to block shots while also taking quite a few from the point, and not bad ones at that.

Lehr, who just turned 24, did a lot of things Ruskowski hoped his older defensemen would do this season and didn't get from them, so it's not much of a surprise to see him return.

I still haven't gotten to call Ruskowski today, but I will as soon as possible, so you can read his thoughts about Lehr and the group he is putting together to play next season in my story in tomorrow's paper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you called Terry? Any updates

Joy Lindsay said...

Yes, I did, and the updates were in my story in Saturday's paper. Sorry I didn't get around to posting them on here, but I'll mention what he said in my next post.