Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Rush Win Presidents' Cup

The 2009-10 Central Hockey League season came to a close in dramatic fashion last night as the Rapid City Rush rallied to a 4-3 double-overtime win over the Allen Americans in Game 6 of the Ray Miron Presidents' Cup Finals.

The Americans jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first period, but could not hold on, and with just 32 seconds left in the second OT period, Scott Wray scored to give the Rush the CHL title in the franchise's second year of existence.

You can read more about Wray here, the game here and here and the finals as a whole here and in today's "Shots from the Point."

Though the Bucks do not get to say they lost to the eventual league champs, they did lose the eventual conference champions, so that's something.

Did any of you watch the game last night? I was not able to for a variety of reasons, but it seems to have been quite a thriller.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't just heard it online. Any time soon that we get to see you're who should stay who should go?

Joy Lindsay said...

Sorry, but scratch that. Today was a circus. I have off Monday, so I'll try to type it up then and post it Tuesday.

Joy Lindsay said...

I guess I need to stop stating specific dates because that just seems to cause my life to become incredibly busy when I want to get down to writing this. I promise I will make that post as soon as possible.