Friday, May 28, 2010

Bucks Recruiting

Today, the Bucks unveiled their new recruiting video, which, unsurprisingly, features smiling girls i, short shorts, dresses and bikinis. Slightly more surprising is the fact that it also features Mayor Salinas talking about homicide.

Meanwhile, the team was already recruiting long before this video made its online debut, and the Bucks are expected to announce their first signing sometime next week.

If you don't want spoilers, you might not want to keep reading, because Robert Keith from the Texas Brahmas Insider sent me this link today, and after some quick research, I found this.

So it seems Zeanan Ziemer and Justin Michaud are going to be two of the players reporting to training camp this fall.

Both are coming off their first seasons with the Dauphin Kings of the Manitoba Junior Hockey League (and are both from Manitoba), Michaud only a partial season after being acquired in a trade, and here's a bit of what broadcaster Marlin Murray had to say in that post:

Ziemer, after three years with the OCN Blizzard, came to Dauphin in a trade last November and collected 25 goals and 51 assists to go along with 121 penalty minutes during the regular season. Zeanan Ziemer also had 18 points during the MJHL playoffs and scored the double overtime goal in game two of the Anavet Cup.

I'll post more on this later if I get a chance; just wanted to put it out there now.

Back to everything that was going on yesterday, you can read Greg Rajan's column about the IceRays' move from the CHL to the NAHL here and my story on Coach Ruskowski's reaction and future plans here.

I'll be back to post those quotes as soon as I finish up our weekly Zapata sports section.

4 comments:

Bucks fan in Japan said...

I, too, was definitely surprised to hear Mayor Salinas speaking about homicide. However low the homicide number may be you NEVER talk about anything negative in any recruiting attempts, especially a video. I am not an expert but that threw me off as soon as I saw it.

Anonymous said...

Not surprised by out local politicians' statements. I'll call them 'politicians' and not "'leaders" because that's all they are. I am surprised however, that the Bucks included that part of the interview. That threw me off as well. What are these people thinking? Aside from that, I thought the bikinis and short shorts were ok, but maybe a bit overdone. Laredo does have many gorgeous women, so why mention them in a recruiting video.

A said...

I'm just wondering what part of the recruiting video Goalie Pellieter liked since he decided to re-sign with the Bucks this morning! Was it the women in bikinis or the fact the Laredo has a low homocide rate? Hmmm!

Either way it's good to have him back in front the net again. It's not too often that Coach Roscoe brings back goalies.

Anonymous said...

so the video is working!